Re: [hackers-il] Junk FAX sender registered a domain

  • Orna Agmon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2004
      On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Omer Zak wrote:

      > There is a junk FAXer, who does not comply with requests to be removed
      > from his list.
      > He offers to order from him all kinds of electronic goods by calling
      > phone number 03-6121155.
      >
      > Recently, he registered a domain (sale4all.co.il), and as a result, I
      > found that his real FAX number is 03-6121144. ISOC provided also some
      > other details about him.
      >
      > Besides complaining to the police (which I already did few weeks ago,
      > with 6 FAX messages as evidence), are there any bright ideas what can be
      > done to make him respect requests to stop sending FAXes to people who do
      > not want to get junk FAXes from him?
      >
      > Any idea must be legal, annoying and frightening enough to serve as an
      > example to other junk FAX senders.
      > --- Omer

      There is a consumers (and other stuff) site: http://www.bsh.co.il/
      I read all of their consumer-complaints section, they actually do things
      about the complaints, and get to places the original customer did not
      manage to reach.

      Maybe they could scare the person behind sale4all. It sounds rather
      official when they say "ma'arechet bsh", though it is probably more or
      less one person.

      I think it is worth a try.

      Orna.
      --