RE: [hackers-il] Junk FAX sender registered a domain

  • Tzahi Fadida
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2004
      did you contacted bezeq?
      does the fax have the ability to block a certain callerid number?
      if its number is not reported then maybe bezeq can reveal it because of the
      harasment.
      if all fails, maybe there is a way to use the software to check the
      downloaded fax page
      before printing it.
      you can call him and tell him that you are going to press charges if he
      doesn't remove you.
      a little lawyer like letter would maybe persuade him.
      and last, if you realy realy desperate you can invite them for a
      salesmeeting and record the conversation
      and advertise it on ynet (its been done before), but you better check that
      cz IANAL.

      Regards,
      tzahi.

    • Orna Agmon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2004
        On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Omer Zak wrote:

        > There is a junk FAXer, who does not comply with requests to be removed
        > from his list.
        > He offers to order from him all kinds of electronic goods by calling
        > phone number 03-6121155.
        >
        > Recently, he registered a domain (sale4all.co.il), and as a result, I
        > found that his real FAX number is 03-6121144. ISOC provided also some
        > other details about him.
        >
        > Besides complaining to the police (which I already did few weeks ago,
        > with 6 FAX messages as evidence), are there any bright ideas what can be
        > done to make him respect requests to stop sending FAXes to people who do
        > not want to get junk FAXes from him?
        >
        > Any idea must be legal, annoying and frightening enough to serve as an
        > example to other junk FAX senders.
        > --- Omer

        There is a consumers (and other stuff) site: http://www.bsh.co.il/
        I read all of their consumer-complaints section, they actually do things
        about the complaints, and get to places the original customer did not
        manage to reach.

        Maybe they could scare the person behind sale4all. It sounds rather
        official when they say "ma'arechet bsh", though it is probably more or
        less one person.

        I think it is worth a try.

        Orna.
        --