Junk FAX sender registered a domain

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2004
      There is a junk FAXer, who does not comply with requests to be removed
      from his list.
      He offers to order from him all kinds of electronic goods by calling
      phone number 03-6121155.

      Recently, he registered a domain (sale4all.co.il), and as a result, I
      found that his real FAX number is 03-6121144. ISOC provided also some
      other details about him.

      Besides complaining to the police (which I already did few weeks ago,
      with 6 FAX messages as evidence), are there any bright ideas what can be
      done to make him respect requests to stop sending FAXes to people who do
      not want to get junk FAXes from him?

      Any idea must be legal, annoying and frightening enough to serve as an
      example to other junk FAX senders.

    • Tzahi Fadida
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2004
        did you contacted bezeq?
        does the fax have the ability to block a certain callerid number?
        if its number is not reported then maybe bezeq can reveal it because of the
        harasment.
        if all fails, maybe there is a way to use the software to check the
        downloaded fax page
        before printing it.
        you can call him and tell him that you are going to press charges if he
        doesn't remove you.
        a little lawyer like letter would maybe persuade him.
        and last, if you realy realy desperate you can invite them for a
        salesmeeting and record the conversation
        and advertise it on ynet (its been done before), but you better check that
        cz IANAL.

        Regards,
        tzahi.

      • Orna Agmon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2004
          On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Omer Zak wrote:

          > There is a junk FAXer, who does not comply with requests to be removed
          > from his list.
          > He offers to order from him all kinds of electronic goods by calling
          > phone number 03-6121155.
          >
          > Recently, he registered a domain (sale4all.co.il), and as a result, I
          > found that his real FAX number is 03-6121144. ISOC provided also some
          > other details about him.
          >
          > Besides complaining to the police (which I already did few weeks ago,
          > with 6 FAX messages as evidence), are there any bright ideas what can be
          > done to make him respect requests to stop sending FAXes to people who do
          > not want to get junk FAXes from him?
          >
          > Any idea must be legal, annoying and frightening enough to serve as an
          > example to other junk FAX senders.
          > --- Omer

          There is a consumers (and other stuff) site: http://www.bsh.co.il/
          I read all of their consumer-complaints section, they actually do things
          about the complaints, and get to places the original customer did not
          manage to reach.

          Maybe they could scare the person behind sale4all. It sounds rather
          official when they say "ma'arechet bsh", though it is probably more or
          less one person.

          I think it is worth a try.

          Orna.
          --