Re: [hackers-il] operating systems book recommendations

  • Jason Phillips
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6 12:12 PM
      I find that any of the O'Reilly books are very informative I'll run down and rattle off some titles for you but O'Reilly Has an extensive library covering just about every topic.

      Muli Ben-Yehuda <mulix@...> wrote:
      Hello, gentle people,

      I'm looking for recommendations on good books for operating systems
      implemetntrs. OS theory, OS design and implementation, Linux kernel
      anything, CPU architectures, etc. To jump start the discussion, here
      are mini-mini reviews of some books I already have or have read:

      - Bovet & Cesati, Understanding the Linux Kernel, both editions, very
      good. Strong emphasis on details, not enough on concepts.
      - Linux Device Drivers, Rubini et al, likewise.
      - Linux Kernel Development, Robert Love, Excellent. Clear, readable
      and concise.
      - Bach's The Design of the Unix Operating System.
      - Curt Schimme's UNIX Systems for Modern Architectures
      - UNIX Internals by Uresh Vahalia

      More?

      Cheers,
      Muli
      --
      Muli Ben-Yehuda
      http://www.mulix.org | http://mulix.livejournal.com/

      > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pgp-signature name=signature.asc

      Do you Yahoo!?