teaching xpath and xquery.

  • Tzahi Fadida
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2004
      Hi all,
      I am trying to write a "tirgul" for an introduction to xml query and xml
      path.
      we have obtained extra lab time for our 180 course students, i.e. 2 hrs
      session.
      I want to show them xmlquery and xmlpath in action.
      we don't have the possiblity of installing any software in the lab at this
      time
      (only for next semester), but we can probably run java and we have internet
      explorer.

      can anyone suggest options for software that will demonstrate these tools
      (aside from writing something simple in java)?
      prefferably something to be installed locally for future use.
      also, can anyone refer me to good sources for teaching xmlquery xmlpath?
      maybe something that is being learnt in the CS department?
      10x.

      Regards,
      tzahi.

      * - * - *
      Itzhak Fadida
      MSc Student
      Information System Engineering Area
      Faculty of Industrial Engineering & Management
      Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
      Technion City, Haifa, Israel 32000
      Technion Email: Tzahi@...
      Alternative Email: TzahiFadida@...
      Office Phone(from Israel): 04-8292226
      Office Location: Technion, Cooper Bldg. room 427.

      WARNING TO SPAMMERS: see at
      http://members.lycos.co.uk/my2nis/spamwarning.html