MPAA serves DMCA style letter to Israeli ISP - Actcom

  • Tal Rotbart
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2003
      MPAA sent a letter to Actcom to force them to disconnect users who were
      sharing movies. I am very disappointed with Actcom for complying without
      requiring a court order!
      They used to be a very good ISP, the first in Israel! Back when you had to
      get authorization from ILA to have an account on the Internet... Now they
      have turned sour.

      The good news is that an unnamed manager in another ISP specifically said
      that if they got such letters they would not comply without a court order.

      Check out this article on The Marker:
      http://themarker.msn.co.il/tmc/article.jhtml?brand=msn&ElementId=%2Fibo%2Fre
      positories%2Fstories%2Fm1_2000%2Fskira20031014_99.xml&origin=ibo&layer=hp&la
      yer2=&layer3=technology

      -Tal

      Mercury Interactive Corporation
      Optimizing Business Processes to Maximize Business Results