"Haskell for Perl Programmers"

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2003
      Well, the Israeli Perl Mongers have decided to hold a series of "foreign
      languages introductions" in which people introduce languages other than
      Perl to the mongers. So far we had a "Tcl for Perl Programmers"
      introduction by Gabor Szabo and we are going to have a "Ruby for Perl
      Programmers" introduction next meeting.

      To add snow to the snowball, I prepared a "Haskell for Perl Programmers"
      intro:

      http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/lecture/Perl/Haskell/slides/

      Note that corrolaries with Perl are not present, so it is suitable for
      people knowing similar languages like Python, Tcl, LISP, Scheme, Ruby,
      etc.

      Read and enjoy!

      You may also enjoy reading this thread in the Israel.PM mailing list:

      http://perl.org.il/pipermail/perl/2003-September/003116.html

      It contains a debate whether it is possible to do FP in Perl.

      Writing a BitKeeper replacement is probably easier at this point than getting
      its license changed.

      Matt Mackall on OFTC.net #offtopic.
    • Gabor Szabo
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2003
        On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Shlomi Fish wrote:

        > To add snow to the snowball, I prepared a "Haskell for Perl Programmers"
        > intro:
        >
        > http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/lecture/Perl/Haskell/slides/

        The lecture of Shlomi about Haskell was scheduled to 11th December.
        You can see the full schedule of the presentations on our web site
        at http://www.perl.org.il/meeting.html

        You are all invited to visit us in the center of the country.

        Gabor