RE: [hackers-il] LGPL copyrights addition

  • Tzahi Fadida
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2003
      everything that has code that was under the LGPL i am going to release under
      LGPL, the question is, what should i write that will explain that i just added
      some lines or taken portions from another project.
      One file i updated and i want to write that i edited it.
      and One file is a completely new file that uses binaries(java .class files) from
      the original LGPL project and is statically linked and in this files i used
      portions of code from the LGPL library. i want to add my copyright to the
      original LGPL statement without impairing the original writer.

      i was thinking along the line tal suggested:
      /*
      ** Java cvs client library package.
      ** Copyright (c) 1997-2002 by Timothy Gerard Endres
      ** Portions Copyright (C) 2003 by Tzahi Fadida, Technion
      **
      ** This program is free software.
      **
      ** You may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU
      ** Library General Public License (LGPL) as published by the Free Software
      ** Foundation.
      **
      ** Version 2 of the license should be included with this distribution in
      ** the file LICENSE.txt, as well as License.html. If the license is not
      ** included with this distribution, you may find a copy at the FSF web
      ** site at 'www.gnu.org' or 'www.fsf.org', or you may write to the Free
      ** Software Foundation at 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111 USA.
      **
      ** THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
      ** NOT EVEN THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. THE AUTHOR
      ** OF THIS SOFTWARE, ASSUMES _NO_ RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY
      ** CONSEQUENCE RESULTING FROM THE USE, MODIFICATION, OR
      ** REDISTRIBUTION OF THIS SOFTWARE.
      **
      */