RE: [hackers-il] Monkey Trial

  • Moshe Zadka
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 26, 2000
      On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Chen Shapira wrote:

      > > What's reality? What you preceive with your senses? Why do you think
      > > that the evidence you see is not self contradictary
      >
      > If my senses are good enough for me to trust my life with them (and it
      > mostly works or we'll get evolutioned out) - they are a good enough basis
      > for philosophy. Thank you.

      Hardly. You learned by trial and error to work around the bugs in your
      senses in common life situations, and you *know* they have bugs. Using
      it as a base in proving something about the world is hardly something
      you can justify logically. (You cannot say that from "good enough"
      premises follows "good enough" conclusions -- logic is not continuous)
      --
      Moshe Zadka <moshez@...>
      There is no IGLU cabal.
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 2, 2000
        > Just my own thoughts.

        And by the usual rule - my contra-thoughts:
        I started this group as a community, centered around a common interest in
        science and technology.
        Every line and thread of discussion is wellcome. Nothing is off-topic, if it
        interests people enough to generate discussion then its worth talking about
        (am I tautologing here?)

        Some topics can go on only for very short time before they begin to be
        boring and repitative. Philosophy is one of them, old flamewars are another.
        So OmerZ says this is silly, and we all stop and realise it is very silly
        indeed, and we shut up.

        C.S.