Software patents in Israel?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003

      Given that it is inevitable that software patents will reach Israel sooner
      or later, due to pressure from our big trading partners in USA and Europe:
      Is anyone doing anything to prevent software patents from crippling
      software development in Israel?
    • Gilad Ben-Yossef
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
        Omer Zak wrote:

        > Given that it is inevitable that software patents will reach Israel sooner
        > or later, due to pressure from our big trading partners in USA and Europe:
        > Is anyone doing anything to prevent software patents from crippling
        > software development in Israel?

        AFAIK, we already have software patenets in Israel. I seem to recall
        that RSA was registered as a patent in Israel and the USA.

        Gilad.