RE: [hackers-il] Help with lotus notes.

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2003

      In order to authenticate to LDAP, you make an attempt to bind with a certain DN and password. Does Domino do that? I don't know. I can ask if it's important, but it'll take time.

      > p.s: When i open the software it requires a password, so is
      > it an indication that it doesn't use
      > windows active diretory authentication? (because it doesn't
      > enters automatically after you aready
      > logged in to the domain)

      I think so. The authentication mechanism works independantly - that's 100% certain (they have Linux servers etc.) I know there's some addin that tries the Windows user/pass combo in Notes, so if the passwords are sync'ed it should be possible to login to Notes without supplying username/password.

      This email and attachments have been scanned for
      potential proprietary or sensitive information leakage.

      PortAuthority(TM) Server
      Keeping Information Inside
      Vidius, Inc.
      www.vidius.com