RE: [hackers-il] Help with lotus notes.

  • Tzahi Fadida
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2003
      Thanks for the reply,
      I went over the documentation and it says they also authenticate LDAP which includes active
      directory. the question remains, do i need to be logged in to the active directory to authenticate
      against it?

      p.s: When i open the software it requires a password, so is it an indication that it doesn't use
      windows active diretory authentication? (because it doesn't enters automatically after you aready
      logged in to the domain)

      * - * - *
      Tzahi Fadida
      TzahiFadida@...
      Technion Email: Tzahi@...

      WARNING TO SPAMMERS: see at http://members.lycos.co.uk/my2nis/spamwarning.html

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 27, 2003

        In order to authenticate to LDAP, you make an attempt to bind with a certain DN and password. Does Domino do that? I don't know. I can ask if it's important, but it'll take time.

        > p.s: When i open the software it requires a password, so is
        > it an indication that it doesn't use
        > windows active diretory authentication? (because it doesn't
        > enters automatically after you aready
        > logged in to the domain)

        I think so. The authentication mechanism works independantly - that's 100% certain (they have Linux servers etc.) I know there's some addin that tries the Windows user/pass combo in Notes, so if the passwords are sync'ed it should be possible to login to Notes without supplying username/password.