hackers.org.il

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2003
      Hello all

      I have this domain, hackers.org.il, and I'm not doing anything special with it.

      If any of you want to define anything under it, feel free to write me about it.

      Please put the word 'hackers.org.il' in the subject, and include in the body the records that you want to define. For example:

      test1 IN A 4.0.0.3

      test2 IN CNAME test1

      test3 IN MX 10 test2
      IN MX 20 mackupmx.isp.com.

      test4 IN NS ns1.isp.com.
      IN NS ns2.isp.com.
      ns1.isp.com. IN A 5.6.7.8
      ns2.isp.com. IN A 9.10.11.12

      test5 IN RP user.domain.com. Your.Name
      Your.Name TXT "012-345678 contact details"

      I don't guarentee when they will be made, but they will. Some time in the future.

      Do add your contact information: email is mandatory, will be added as a responsible peron record (RP). Phone is mandatory, will be added in the TXT record for your name, or if you insist, in the zone files comments.

      Note: If you are thinking about web redirection, don't bother emailing me.

      Arik Baratz
      System Engineer

      Office:
      13 Hasadna St. Tel: +972 (9) 743-9250 ext. 114
      Raa'nana 43650 Fax: +972 (9) 743-9251
      ISRAEL Cell: +972 (55) 987-617

      This email may contain confidential information. You may not deliver this message to anyone without my consent.

      If this message is not intended for you, Please destroy this message and kindly notify me by replying this mail.

      Anything in this message that does not relate to the official business of Vidius is my own responsibility.

      This email and attachments have been scanned for
      potential proprietary or sensitive information leakage.
      Vidius, Inc. Protecting Your Information from the Inside Out.
      www.vidius.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 28, 2003
        Ok, I have received some messages from people so I want to clarify some stuff:

        1. I am only donating the DNS. I will not mail-forward or web-redirect or anything of the sort.

        2. By having a host on the .org.il domain you are bound by the rules of ISOC regarding activity on this domain. Go to http://www.isoc.org.il and read about it.

        3. If you wish your contact details to be private, I will do it. However, if I am so bound by law (that is I will get a court order forcing me to do so) I will reveal the true name and contact details to the issuer. If it is a matter of great urgency, and I am contacted by a representative of the law, I will, AT MY DISCRETION, reveal these details to them without the aforementioned court order.

        4. Like I said before I am doing it on my own, seldom-free time. Hence don't expect these changes (I am going to wait until a few accumulate) or any future changes to be applied immediately. If you format the changes as a zone file, it will make the changes much faster (wink).

        5. FYI, a few notes from the RFCs:
        a. IP addresses are not allowd in MX records
        b. fully qualified host names must end in a period

        6. Yes, you can assume $ORIGIN hackers.org.il

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 24, 2008
          Hi folks,

          As you may or may not know, I'm the owner of these two domains:

          hacker.org.il
          hackers.org.il

          They are up for renew soon, so:

          1. As for hackers.org.il, I would like to let someone in Israel handle
          the renew, possibly also take over the domain too. It includes
          transferring it from ISOC to another registrar. I'll keep it and do it
          myself if there are no takers, it will stay up, but living abroad
          doesn't make dealing with ISOC easy, what with the annoying fax
          business and the phone calls etc.

          2. As for hacker.org.il, it is pretty much unused now. I'm willing to
          hand it over to the highest bidder... or the person who asks the
          nicest... nah, I'm not asking for monetary compensation so I want to
          know it's in good hands :-)

          Any takers?

          -- Arik
        • Eli Billauer
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 25, 2008

            Hello,

            This may be the opportunity to discuss a related issue: Are there are any impressions from the new Israeli registrars?

            Personally, I moved my domain to Galcomm, and I can't say I'm very happy with them. To begin with, the transfer itself wasn't reassuring (I don't remember exactly why, but I didn't get the feeling that the domain had landed somewhere).

            But what really annoyed me is that they started sending me newsletters. Even though they are rare, I really didn't expect to get any unrelated email from my registrar, such as the recent "Galcomm.com Special Offer" for some domain class I have no interest in.

            Other experiences out there?

                Eli

            .

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 25, 2008
              On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Eli Billauer <eli@...> wrote:
              > Hello,
              >
              > This may be the opportunity to discuss a related issue: Are there are any
              > impressions from the new Israeli registrars?

              I've moved a couple of domains (python.org.il included) to LiveDNS.

              Their interface looks like it was designed by a newbie, and it's using
              ASP (GASP!) but on the other hand it works in Firefox quite well.
              Especially after I ad-blocked all the flash on their site.

              The transfers work well, I got a confirmation email from them minutes
              after I got the ISOC confirmation email. They also tell you exactly
              what to do to make the transfer work, including a link to the ISOC
              form.

              I emailed support about the name I want on the receipt and they
              replied usually within a day. Not the quickest but reasonable.

              I didn't experience any of the other registrars. No newsletter. I'm
              not sure if I opted out of it or did anything special (I automatically
              opt out of anything when I sign up for accounts).

              I don't work for or otherwise affiliated with any Israeli registrar.

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 9, 2008
                Answering to myself...

                On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Arik Baratz <yahoo@...> wrote:

                > 1. As for hackers.org.il, I would like to let someone in Israel handle
                > the renew, possibly also take over the domain too. It includes
                > transferring it from ISOC to another registrar. I'll keep it and do it
                > myself if there are no takers, it will stay up, but living abroad
                > doesn't make dealing with ISOC easy, what with the annoying fax
                > business and the phone calls etc.

                Since there are no takers, and since the domain is in use, I will
                renew it myself unless someone contacts me by mid-December and takes
                over.

                > 2. As for hacker.org.il, it is pretty much unused now. I'm willing to
                > hand it over to the highest bidder... or the person who asks the
                > nicest... nah, I'm not asking for monetary compensation so I want to
                > know it's in good hands :-)

                If no one wants it, I will let it expire. When I do, some of those
                nasty old domain reclaimer companies are probably going to get it. If
                you're interested, you have a better act now.