GFDL being incompatible with GPL

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2003
      Remember the April 1st stunt by Shlomi Fish from a year ago, about GPL
      being incompatible with itself?

      Seems that reality is catching up to imagination:

      http://slashdot.org/articles/03/04/20/1357236.shtml?tid=106

      says that GFDL is incompatible with Debian's definition of Free Software.
      The problem is most acute when it is desired to hard-code parts of the
      document in the executable of a GPLed software, and there is not enough
      memory for invariant sections of the manual.
      --- Omer
      Official announcement: "To our regret, we were forced to disband the IGLU
      Cabal, due to its incompatibility with the number 42, itself, its members
      and the rest of the world."