The history of NT kernel.

  • Omer Musaev
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2003
      So far I found the article interesting.

      http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winserver2k3_gold1.asp

      --
      Omer Mussaev
      Software Engineer, EMS team, APM R&D
      Mercury Interactive
    • Beni Cherniavsky
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2003
        On 2003-03-04, Omer Musaev wrote:

        > So far I found the article interesting.
        >
        > http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winserver2k3_gold1.asp

        With all due respect to the "sense of ownership" of their developers,
        punishing those who don't attend the "War Room" by leaving their bugs
        in the shipping system doesn't sound like a right thing to do, no
        matter how much it will offend these developers :-).

        --
        Beni Cherniavsky <cben@...>

        pure virtual static warp shield (TNG++, All Good Things O-=)
      • Omer Musaev
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2003

          A customer surely should not pay the price instead of misorganized team
          leader. However, lets hope that since the situation had happened during the
          last cycles of development, these bugs are not that critical...

          > --
          > Beni Cherniavsky <cben@...>
          >
          > pure virtual static warp shield (TNG++, All Good Things O-=)
          ?? ^^^^^^^ ??

          --
          Omer Mussaev
          Software Engineer, EMS team, APM R&D
          Mercury Interactive
        • Gilad Ben-Yossef
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
            Omer Musaev wrote:
            > So far I found the article interesting.
            >
            > http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winserver2k3_gold1.asp

            "We thought, 'How hard could it be to build an OS?' and scheduled 18
            months to build NT. But we had forgotten about some of the important
            stuff--user mode, networking, and so on."

            hmpf... next time someone is going to blame me for "Windows bashing",
            I'm going to send them this quote... ;-)

            Gilad.
          • Tzahi Fadida
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 7, 2003
              Hi yall,
              I got a cenix pvr 800 digital recorder with a usb connection. when i record voices in low quality it
              saves them in the computer in .cvs file format.
              now, i thought that maybe .cvs is the cvs file format in sox, but when i try to convert it, it
              sounds
              like noise with no meaning.
              anyone knows this?
              here is the bisly song from the tv :) if anyone care to try.
              http://members.lycos.co.uk/my2nis/A0011.cvs

              p.s: another clue, is that the start of the file contains the words "dmr1data"

              * - * - *
              Tzahi Fadida
              TzahiFadida@...
              Technion Email: Science@...