Vauge problem accessing Web pages from abroad?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2003
      Is it only me and vague feelings, or did other people observe a similar
      phenomenon?

      During the last few days and when accessing via two ISPs, I noticed that
      at first I can surf quickly to Web pages in Israel and abroad. But after
      few minutes, Web pages from abroad get downloaded very slowly (or even get
      stuck in middle of downloading) but Israeli Web pages are downloaded
      normally. The browser+platform are usually the ones from Microsoft, but
      it seems to happen also when I used Linux+mozilla.

      When I close the browser and restart it, the initial behavior is resumed.
      This bothers me because I am used to opening several windows by clicking
      on hyperlinks, and then traversing them in a quasi-breadth-first tree
      traversal algorithm.

      Does anyone know what is going on?

    • Shoshannah Forbes
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2003
        On Saturday, Feb 15, 2003, at 11:51 Asia/Jerusalem, Omer Zak wrote:

        > During the last few days and when accessing via two ISPs, I noticed
        > that
        > at first I can surf quickly to Web pages in Israel and abroad. But
        > after
        > few minutes, Web pages from abroad get downloaded very slowly (or even
        > get
        > stuck in middle of downloading) but Israeli Web pages are downloaded
        > normally. The browser+platform are usually the ones from Microsoft,
        > but
        > it seems to happen also when I used Linux+mozilla.

        there has been a thread about a similar (or the same?) issue in the
        broadband forum at tapuz:
        http://www.tapuz.co.il/tapuzforum/main/Viewmsg.asp?id=20&msgid=12139673
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 15, 2003
          On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Shoshannah Forbes wrote:

          > On Saturday, Feb 15, 2003, at 11:51 Asia/Jerusalem, Omer Zak wrote:
          >
          > > During the last few days and when accessing via two ISPs, I noticed
          > > that
          > > at first I can surf quickly to Web pages in Israel and abroad.But
          > > after
          > > few minutes, Web pages from abroad get downloaded very slowly (or even
          > > get
          > > stuck in middle of downloading) but Israeli Web pages are downloaded
          > > normally.The browser+platform are usually the ones from Microsoft,
          > > but
          > > it seems to happen also when I used Linux+mozilla.
          >
          > there has been a thread about a similar (or the same?) issue in the
          > broadband forum at tapuz:
          > http://www.tapuz.co.il/tapuzforum/main/Viewmsg.asp?id=20&msgid=12139673

          Thanks, it seems to be the same issue.