RE: [hackers-il] can u create a muffler using ur home sb.

  • Ofir Carny
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2003
      There are such solutions, but AFAIK only with earphones. You see, because of the limited speed of sound, different places in your house will experience diffrent phases (and also amplitudes) of the noise, and it is hard to cancel them all at once. Plus, the canceling signal will also be at different phases (and amplitudes) - a whole mess.

      see http://headwize2.powerpill.org/projects/noise_prj.htm for an example of such a project.