ADUni courses

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2003
      I stumbled by chance on ArsDigita University downloadable videos of
      lecture courses in CS and related Math.

      http://www.aduni.org/courses/

      A snippet from the web page:

      The course of study at ArsDigita University was linear, with one
      class per month, and was comprised exclusively of computer science
      and related mathematics.

      Math for Computer Science
      Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
      Discrete Math
      How Computers Work
      Object-oriented Program Design
      Algorithms
      Systems
      Web Applications
      Theory of Computation
      Artificial Intelligence
      Unix Workshop
      Database Management Systems
      Applied Probability

      The curriculum was modeled on the undergraduate CS program at
      MIT. Several of the courses were straightforward adoptions of MIT
      courses. A few were specifically designed for the program, which was
      roughly in line with the ACM's 2001 Model Curricula for Computing. The
      process of accreditation (ACM or CSAB/ABET) would have been pursued if
      the program had continued.

      Among the highlights, SICP (not by Abelson and Sussman though, see
      FAQ).

      I have not watched the videos, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

      --
      Oleg Goldshmidt | pub@...