Re: The non-virtual RMS

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
      Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
      to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
      thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
      behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
      between virtual and on-line or digital here:

      There is no IGLU Cabal! Someone called the online cabal a "virtual cabal",
      and as a result they actually became virtual. So there is a virtual IGLU
      Cabal!

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
        Shlomi Fish wrote:

        > Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
        > to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
        > thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
        > behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
        > between virtual and on-line or digital here:

        My subject was to be understood by Debian users only. For the rest of
        us, take a look at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/vrms.html

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
          On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Arik Baratz wrote:

          > Shlomi Fish wrote:
          >
          > > Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
          > > to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
          > > thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
          > > behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
          > > between virtual and on-line or digital here:

          > My subject was to be understood by Debian users only. For the rest of
          > us, take a look at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/vrms.html

          LOL.

          Of course, the free software definition is more restrictive than the
          debian free software guidelines.

          But sorry for suspecting you of using the word virtual in an improper
          context. I, unfortunately, am not a Debian user.