Re: [hackers-il] The non-virtual RMS

  • Muli Ben-Yehuda
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
      On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:35:53AM +0200, Arik Baratz wrote:
> [...]

      Please send email to the address quoted within with "RSVP" in the
      subject and the magical number '3' inside.

      > I feel silly replying to myself.

      Replying to oneself is the formost sign of approaching dementia.
      --
      Muli Ben-Yehuda

      "The speed of light really is too slow nowdays." -- Alan Cox
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
        Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
        to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
        thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
        behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
        between virtual and on-line or digital here:

        There is no IGLU Cabal! Someone called the online cabal a "virtual cabal",
        and as a result they actually became virtual. So there is a virtual IGLU
        Cabal!

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
          Shlomi Fish wrote:

          > Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
          > to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
          > thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
          > behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
          > between virtual and on-line or digital here:

          My subject was to be understood by Debian users only. For the rest of
          us, take a look at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/vrms.html

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
            On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Arik Baratz wrote:

            > Shlomi Fish wrote:
            >
            > > Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
            > > to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
            > > thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
            > > behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
            > > between virtual and on-line or digital here:

            > My subject was to be understood by Debian users only. For the rest of
            > us, take a look at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/vrms.html

            LOL.

            Of course, the free software definition is more restrictive than the
            debian free software guidelines.

            But sorry for suspecting you of using the word virtual in an improper
            context. I, unfortunately, am not a Debian user.