RE: [hackers-il] The non-virtual RMS

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
      > -----Original Message-----
      > From: Arik Baratz

      > http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Linux/maillists/03/01/msg00061.html
      >
      > Is it too late to join?

      If it is still possible to join, I'd like to RSVP on behalf of 3 persons.

      I feel silly replying to myself.

      -- Arik
    • Muli Ben-Yehuda
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
        On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:35:53AM +0200, Arik Baratz wrote:
> [...]

        Please send email to the address quoted within with "RSVP" in the
        subject and the magical number '3' inside.

        > I feel silly replying to myself.

        Replying to oneself is the formost sign of approaching dementia.
        --
        Muli Ben-Yehuda

        "The speed of light really is too slow nowdays." -- Alan Cox
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
          Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
          to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
          thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
          behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
          between virtual and on-line or digital here:

          There is no IGLU Cabal! Someone called the online cabal a "virtual cabal",
          and as a result they actually became virtual. So there is a virtual IGLU
          Cabal!

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
            Shlomi Fish wrote:

            > Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
            > to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
            > thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
            > behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
            > between virtual and on-line or digital here:

            My subject was to be understood by Debian users only. For the rest of
            us, take a look at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/vrms.html

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
              On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Arik Baratz wrote:

              > Shlomi Fish wrote:
              >
              > > Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
              > > to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
              > > thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
              > > behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
              > > between virtual and on-line or digital here:

              > My subject was to be understood by Debian users only. For the rest of
              > us, take a look at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/vrms.html

              LOL.

              Of course, the free software definition is more restrictive than the
              debian free software guidelines.

              But sorry for suspecting you of using the word virtual in an improper
              context. I, unfortunately, am not a Debian user.