Re: [hackers-il] The non-virtual RMS

  • Muli Ben-Yehuda
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003

      http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Linux/maillists/03/01/msg00061.html

      > > Just call me Muli "conference junky" Ben-Yehuda.
      >
      > Strangely enough, there was a Slashdot poll on this very subject...

      Must've missed that one. What was the subject?
      --
      Muli Ben-Yehuda

      "The speed of light really is too slow nowdays." -- Alan Cox
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
        [snip]
        > http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Linux/maillists/03/01/msg00061.html

        Is it too late to join?

        > > > Just call me Muli "conference junky" Ben-Yehuda.
        > > Strangely enough, there was a Slashdot poll on this very subject...
        > Must've missed that one. What was the subject?

        It is still on on the homepage, and you can see the result in http://slashdot.org/pollBooth.pl?qid=903&aid=-1

        """
        Technical Conferences Attended Per Year?
        1
        2
        3
        4
        5
        >6
        0, and I am saddened by that.
        I follow CowboyNeal on his Seminar Circuit
        """

        -- Arik
      • Alexander Maryanovsky
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
          I'll be there, missing math 3 lectures... ouch :-)

          Alexander Maryanovsky.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
            On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Arik Baratz wrote:

            > It turns out that I will be in Israel in the same time as RMS. I intend on attending the conference in TAU. Anyone else from the group is coming?

            I hope to be there as well.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
              > From: Arik Baratz

              > http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Linux/maillists/03/01/msg00061.html
              >
              > Is it too late to join?

              If it is still possible to join, I'd like to RSVP on behalf of 3 persons.

              I feel silly replying to myself.

              -- Arik
            • Muli Ben-Yehuda
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
                On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:35:53AM +0200, Arik Baratz wrote:
> [...]

                Please send email to the address quoted within with "RSVP" in the
                subject and the magical number '3' inside.

                > I feel silly replying to myself.

                Replying to oneself is the formost sign of approaching dementia.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
                  Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
                  to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
                  thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
                  behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
                  between virtual and on-line or digital here:

                  There is no IGLU Cabal! Someone called the online cabal a "virtual cabal",
                  and as a result they actually became virtual. So there is a virtual IGLU
                  Cabal!

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
                    Shlomi Fish wrote:

                    > Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
                    > to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
                    > thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
                    > behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
                    > between virtual and on-line or digital here:

                    My subject was to be understood by Debian users only. For the rest of
                    us, take a look at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/vrms.html

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
                      On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Arik Baratz wrote:

                      > Shlomi Fish wrote:
                      >
                      > > Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
                      > > to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
                      > > thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
                      > > behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
                      > > between virtual and on-line or digital here:

                      > My subject was to be understood by Debian users only. For the rest of
                      > us, take a look at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/vrms.html

                      LOL.

                      Of course, the free software definition is more restrictive than the
                      debian free software guidelines.

                      But sorry for suspecting you of using the word virtual in an improper
                      context. I, unfortunately, am not a Debian user.