The non-virtual RMS

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
      It turns out that I will be in Israel in the same time as RMS. I intend on attending the conference in TAU. Anyone else from the group is coming?

      Arik Baratz
      System Engineer

      Office:
      13 Hasadna St. Tel: +972 (9) 743-9250 ext. 114
      Raa'nana 43661 Fax: +972 (9) 743-9251
      ISRAEL Cell: +972 (55) 987-617

      This email may contain confidential information. You may not deliver this message to anyone without my consent.

      If this message is not intended for you, Please destroy this message and kindly notify me by replying this mail.

      Anything in this message that do not relate to the official business of Vidius is my own responsibility.
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
        > From: Muli Ben-Yehuda [mailto:mulix@...]
        [snip]
        > I shall certainly be there, as well as in the dinner Oleg and I are
        > organizing for rms on Jan. 8th evening, as well as in the Haifa
        > event.

        What dinner?

        I will not be able to attend the Haifa event.

        > Just call me Muli "conference junky" Ben-Yehuda.

        Strangely enough, there was a Slashdot poll on this very subject...

        -- Arik
      • Muli Ben-Yehuda
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003

          --
          Muli Ben-Yehuda

          "The speed of light really is too slow nowdays." -- Alan Cox
        • Muli Ben-Yehuda
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003

            http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Linux/maillists/03/01/msg00061.html

            > > Just call me Muli "conference junky" Ben-Yehuda.
            >
            > Strangely enough, there was a Slashdot poll on this very subject...

            Must've missed that one. What was the subject?

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
              [snip]
              > http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Linux/maillists/03/01/msg00061.html

              Is it too late to join?

              > > > Just call me Muli "conference junky" Ben-Yehuda.
              > > Strangely enough, there was a Slashdot poll on this very subject...
              > Must've missed that one. What was the subject?

              It is still on on the homepage, and you can see the result in http://slashdot.org/pollBooth.pl?qid=903&aid=-1

              """
              Technical Conferences Attended Per Year?
              1
              2
              3
              4
              5
              >6
              0, and I am saddened by that.
              I follow CowboyNeal on his Seminar Circuit
              """

              -- Arik
            • Alexander Maryanovsky
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
                I'll be there, missing math 3 lectures... ouch :-)

                Alexander Maryanovsky.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
                  On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Arik Baratz wrote:

                  > It turns out that I will be in Israel in the same time as RMS. I intend on attending the conference in TAU. Anyone else from the group is coming?

                  I hope to be there as well.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
                    > From: Arik Baratz

                    > http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Linux/maillists/03/01/msg00061.html
                    >
                    > Is it too late to join?

                    If it is still possible to join, I'd like to RSVP on behalf of 3 persons.

                    I feel silly replying to myself.

                    -- Arik
                  • Muli Ben-Yehuda
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
                      On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:35:53AM +0200, Arik Baratz wrote:
> [...]

                      Please send email to the address quoted within with "RSVP" in the
                      subject and the magical number '3' inside.

                      > I feel silly replying to myself.

                      Replying to oneself is the formost sign of approaching dementia.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
                        Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
                        to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
                        thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
                        behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
                        between virtual and on-line or digital here:

                        There is no IGLU Cabal! Someone called the online cabal a "virtual cabal",
                        and as a result they actually became virtual. So there is a virtual IGLU
                        Cabal!

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
                          Shlomi Fish wrote:

                          > Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
                          > to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
                          > thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
                          > behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
                          > between virtual and on-line or digital here:

                          My subject was to be understood by Debian users only. For the rest of
                          us, take a look at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/vrms.html

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
                            On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Arik Baratz wrote:

                            > Shlomi Fish wrote:
                            >
                            > > Pardon my nit-picking, but what do you mean by "non-virtual"? If you refer
                            > > to the "non-on-line" ("lo mekuvan" in Hebrew) than it is not the same
                            > > thing as non-virtual. A virtual RMS is someone who is not really RMS, but
                            > > behaves or should be treated the same way. I pointed the difference
                            > > between virtual and on-line or digital here:

                            > My subject was to be understood by Debian users only. For the rest of
                            > us, take a look at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/vrms.html

                            LOL.

                            Of course, the free software definition is more restrictive than the
                            debian free software guidelines.

                            But sorry for suspecting you of using the word virtual in an improper
                            context. I, unfortunately, am not a Debian user.