Re: Cool USB peripherals?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
      On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Omer Zak wrote:

      > Ever since I bought an USB hub, I am on lookout for interesting USB
      > peripherals and gadgets.So far I saw nothing which would cause me to
      > scream "how cool this is!".
      >
      > Anything which can be contributed by the collective mind of Hackers-IL?

      Actually, I think the USB disk-on-keys are quite cool and very useful. You
      plug them into a computer, place files there. Then you plug them into
      another computer and take out the files. Probably redundant if both
      computers are connected to a network, but still neat.

    • Muli Ben-Yehuda
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
        On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 10:37:46AM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
        > On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Omer Zak wrote:
        >
        > > Ever since I bought an USB hub, I am on lookout for interesting USB
        > > peripherals and gadgets.So far I saw nothing which would cause me to
        > > scream "how cool this is!".
        > >
        > > Anything which can be contributed by the collective mind of Hackers-IL?
        >
        > Actually, I think the USB disk-on-keys are quite cool and very useful. You
        > plug them into a computer, place files there. Then you plug them into
        > another computer and take out the files. Probably redundant if both
        > computers are connected to a network, but still neat.

        For the curious, I've got two of those (different brands), and both
        work fine with Linux (they appear as though they are scsi devices). I
        use one of them to store pgp stuff, but that's about it.

        Actually, one of them is up for trade, if anyone wants it. Offer me
        something cool in returns and it's yours.
        --
        Muli Ben-Yehuda

        "The speed of light really is too slow nowdays." -- Alan Cox