Cool USB peripherals?

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
      Ever since I bought an USB hub, I am on lookout for interesting USB
      peripherals and gadgets. So far I saw nothing which would cause me to
      scream "how cool this is!".

      Anything which can be contributed by the collective mind of Hackers-IL?

      The conceptual list of USB peripherals I know of or can imagine consists
      so far of:
      - USB Hub
      - Keyboard (yawn)
      - Mouse (yawn yawn)
      - Memory (like the M-Systems memory key)
      - Webcam
      - Scanner
      - IR adapter
      - ADSL/Cable modem
      - CD/DVD burner

      --- Omer
      Do the Borg have USB sockets?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
        On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Omer Zak wrote:

        > Ever since I bought an USB hub, I am on lookout for interesting USB
        > peripherals and gadgets.So far I saw nothing which would cause me to
        > scream "how cool this is!".
        >
        > Anything which can be contributed by the collective mind of Hackers-IL?

        Actually, I think the USB disk-on-keys are quite cool and very useful. You
        plug them into a computer, place files there. Then you plug them into
        another computer and take out the files. Probably redundant if both
        computers are connected to a network, but still neat.

      • Muli Ben-Yehuda
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
          On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 10:37:46AM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
          > On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Omer Zak wrote:
          >
          > > Ever since I bought an USB hub, I am on lookout for interesting USB
          > > peripherals and gadgets.So far I saw nothing which would cause me to
          > > scream "how cool this is!".
          > >
          > > Anything which can be contributed by the collective mind of Hackers-IL?
          >
          > Actually, I think the USB disk-on-keys are quite cool and very useful. You
          > plug them into a computer, place files there. Then you plug them into
          > another computer and take out the files. Probably redundant if both
          > computers are connected to a network, but still neat.

          For the curious, I've got two of those (different brands), and both
          work fine with Linux (they appear as though they are scsi devices). I
          use one of them to store pgp stuff, but that's about it.

          Actually, one of them is up for trade, if anyone wants it. Offer me
          something cool in returns and it's yours.
          --
          Muli Ben-Yehuda

          "The speed of light really is too slow nowdays." -- Alan Cox