Re: [hackers-il] Keyboard for real hackers.

  • Eran Tromer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 23, 2000
      Hello,

      Assaf Amitai wrote:
      > Actually, it's not too bad. I have been using an earlier version of
      > this (Cordless Desktop, without fancy shaped mouse of keyboard) for
      > a year: the keyboard batteries (AA) are good for about 6 months of _
      > heavy_ use, the mouse (AAA) - about 3 months.

      I once considered buying that model, and evaluated it in some shop. The
      keyboard was distorted -- the four contact points between the bottom of
      the keyboard and the desk were not on a plane, so the keyboard rocked
      back and forth (with appropriate noises) as I typed. Extremely annoying.
      I checked 3 boxes, and all had the same problem. I sure did expect
      Logitech to be better than this in making simple plastic molds.

      Personally, I stick to buckling spring technology (IBM "old-school"
      clicky keyboards). I'm awaiting my order of two customized buckling
      spring keyboards: black, completely blank keys (exactly 101 of them, as
      God intended) and integrating TrackPoint-type pointing device. (Unicomp,
      http://www.pckeyboard.com)

      Regards,
      Eran Tromer