Re: [hackers-il] Your recommendation for a bug-tracking database

  • Sagi Bashari
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 24, 2002
      On 23/11/2002 01:52, Omer Zak wrote:

      >What bug-tracking database do wise&experienced hackers recommend for the
      >following situation:
      >- Linux-based server.
      >- Clients run Linux. It would be nice to be able to use clients also
      > under Windows 2000.
      >- Small group (4 programmers, 2 software testers).
      >- No specific licensing requirements on the software whose bugs are being
      > tracked (i.e. it may be evil closed proprietary software).
      >
      >Would Bugzilla (used by Mozilla and other free software projects) be
      >suitable for such a situation?

      Try mantis (http://mantisbt.sourceforge.net/).

      I've been using it for few months now with small project (4 user
      accounts, internal).

      I choose it over bugzilla and others because it's simple (my boss can
      easily use it), it is written in PHP and uses MySQL for database (so I
      can easily customize it if I want to) and the code is pretty clean.

      Until now, I have no complaints, except that if you turn on email
      reporting, it sends an email about every modification to all the team
      members (which can get pretty annoying) but that should be easy to fix.

      Sagi