Re: [hackers-il] BySergic acid Diethylamide

  • Gilad Ben-Yossef
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2002
      On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 22:18, Nadav Har'El wrote:
      > Some people compare Linux to a new religion (google "linux religion" for
      > a few examples), and compare its spread to crusades, jihad, or what not.
      >
      > However, I have come to the conclusion that Judaism is the religion that
      > promotes an operating system - Berkeley Unix.
      >
      > Why am I saying that?
      >
      > Observant Jews religiously write "BSD" on the top of every piece of paper!
      > You cannot get any more obsessive than that about spreading BSD :)

      I once spent an idle afternoun wondering if every software cult was a
      religioun which one would it be.

      I figured Free Software people would be Taoism on account of Linus's
      nature.

      RMS style Free Software would be Catholicisbecause of zeal and of course
      the Saints.

      BSD would be Juadism on account of it can both claim to one of the
      oldest one and of the many differece of opinion and in fighting.

      And lastly, Microsoft would be Paganism, on account of their worship of
      an idol and their desperate need to keep sacrificing more money to it to
      keep their world from coming to an end.

      Gilad

      --
      Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad@...>
      http://benyossef.com

      "Geeks rock bands cool name #8192: RAID against the machine"