RE: [hackers-il] Looking for Books (once again)

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 19, 2002
      > Well i have some books, but i ain;t never gonna sell :)
      > anyway, i don't see why you can't get them in the library:
      > for stochastic processes you have:
      > Prof micha yadin(rip) (hebrew) "stochastic models"
      > Ross. S., Introd. To Probability Models

      Some of these books (especially silverberg and sipser) have very few copies
      in the library and many students who want to read them.

      I got Ross's book in the library, though. Thanks for the recommendation, it
      seems very good indeed.

      > operating systems:
      > I personally like silberschatz "applied operating system
      > concepts", with lots of java
      > examples.

      Java examples?
      The other OS books I saw had very few examples, and lots of theory.

      > linear programming, which includes some queue theory and game theory:
      > I personally think the best books written for this, are the
      > openU translated books
      > of "deterministic models" F s. Hillier and Lieberman.

      Thanks.