Re: [hackers-il] The Mysterious Case of Sklyarov and DMCA

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2002
      I don't think that it was strange to deny him an entry permit. It may
      have been an attempt by the Feds to save face by putting the trial in a
      deadlocked state.

      The strange thing is that nothing was written about the scene in the court
      on Oct. 21th, when the judge, jury, and batteries of lawyers show up, only
      to be greeted with the announcement that Sklyarov and his boss didn't show
      up due to reasons beyond their control.

      I wonder if the judge dismissed the trial, rescheduled it, or found
      against the defendants by not accepting their excuses for not showing up.