[Essay] The Suitability of BitKeeper for Free Software Projects

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2002
      Check:

      http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/bk_suitability.html

      I compare the BitKeeper and BKBits service on four categories, and on
      three of them (except the license) I am very favourable. I also give
      useful advice for BitKeeper newbies.

      My initial response to the BitKeeper fiasco was a mostly emotional one and
      this is a more rational one from the viewpoint of an Open-Source
      developer.

      Enjoy, and flame away. Note that it is a way to organize my thoughts
      before the "GPLing BK rev. 2" which will in fact recommend a not entirely
      open-source license. If you are getting sick of BitKeeper and SCM
      discussions, just say so.