cool hardware hacks

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16 12:58 AM
      I am sure many of you have seen the /. thread about Rusty's desk (as
      opposed to desktop) computer,

      In case the original article is /.-ted, here is a cool picture:

      However, I was even more impressed by the very cool hardware hack
      mentioned deep inside the above thread, combining a computer and a
      coffee machine (ObStupidPun: apparently very suitable to java

      - the description is very detailed, with sketches, diagrams, etc. I
      am posting this because I enjoyed reading that, and because it is easy
      to miss on /.

      Next step: making a coffee machine that would work off the heat of a
      Pentium 4?

      Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt(at)computer.org | http://www.goldshmidt.org/cv/
      First binary search algorithm - J. Mauchly, 1946. | Source: D. Knuth
      First correct binary search algorithm - D.H.Lehmer, 1960 | TAOCP, v.3, 1998