cool hardware hacks

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2002
      I am sure many of you have seen the /. thread about Rusty's desk (as
      opposed to desktop) computer,

      http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/10/15/2059223&mode=thread&tid=137

      In case the original article is /.-ted, here is a cool picture:

      http://www.wworld.com/users/seancrago/CaseOpen1.jpg

      However, I was even more impressed by the very cool hardware hack
      mentioned deep inside the above thread, combining a computer and a
      coffee machine (ObStupidPun: apparently very suitable to java
      programmers),

      http://www.pimprig.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=72&page=1

      - the description is very detailed, with sketches, diagrams, etc. I
      am posting this because I enjoyed reading that, and because it is easy
      to miss on /.

      Next step: making a coffee machine that would work off the heat of a
      Pentium 4?

      --
      Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt(at)computer.org | http://www.goldshmidt.org/cv/
      First binary search algorithm - J. Mauchly, 1946. | Source: D. Knuth