Re: OFFTOPIC: Re: [hackers-il] Re: Ice-Breaker Disclaimer

  • Orna Agmon
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2002
      On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Alexander Maryanovsky wrote:

      > I consider myself moderately good looking.
      > From my (not very big) experience, there are no women who feel completely
      > happy about their bodies. The most beautiful girls will still find
      > something wrong about themselves. On the other hand, I know a few girls who
      > realize they're not extremely attractive, but don't care about it, which
      > makes them that much more attractive.

      a. It would be considered very impolite for a person to say (s)he is
      perfect, would you not think?

      b. In the matching arena, almost everybody upgrades their own score, i.e.
      say they look better than they do, because since one assumes this is what
      everybody else does, one also assumes that the person reading the
      description automatically downgrades everybody. So, in order to get your
      apropriate grade in the mind of the reader, you are forced to lie.

      --
      Orna. | http://tx.technion.ac.il/~agmon

      The trouble with a kitten is that
      Eventually, it becomes a cat. --Ogden Nash