Re: [hackers-il] Stephen Wolfram's "A New Kind of Science"

  • Muli Ben-Yehuda
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 18, 2002
      On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 08:44:00AM +0300, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:
      > Omer Zak <omerz@...> writes:
      >
      > > Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
      > > own opinion about it with us?
      > > --- Omer
      >
      > I have it, but have not had time to open the monster yet. Muli? We got
      > it at roughly the same time, IIRC.

      I have read several chapters and gazed at the pretty pictures ;)

      It was a very interesting, thought provoking read. I don't know how
      ground breaking it is, but he certainly elucidates his ideas clearly
      and made me think. It's also a lovely book to have, if you love books
      in general (very high quality printing and binding).

      Here's one very good review:

      http://www.kurzweilai.net/articles/art0464.html?printable=1
      --
      Muli Ben-Yehuda