Re: [hackers-il] Stephen Wolfram's "A New Kind of Science"

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 17, 2002
      Omer Zak <omerz@...> writes:

      > Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
      > own opinion about it with us?
      > --- Omer

      I have it, but have not had time to open the monster yet. Muli? We got
      it at roughly the same time, IIRC.

      --
      Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt@...
      "... Of theoretical physics and programming, programming embodied
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 18, 2002
        On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 08:44:00AM +0300, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:
        > Omer Zak <omerz@...> writes:
        >
        > > Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
        > > own opinion about it with us?
        > > --- Omer
        >
        > I have it, but have not had time to open the monster yet. Muli? We got
        > it at roughly the same time, IIRC.

        I have read several chapters and gazed at the pretty pictures ;)

        It was a very interesting, thought provoking read. I don't know how
        ground breaking it is, but he certainly elucidates his ideas clearly
        and made me think. It's also a lovely book to have, if you love books
        in general (very high quality printing and binding).

        Here's one very good review:

        http://www.kurzweilai.net/articles/art0464.html?printable=1
        --
        Muli Ben-Yehuda