Stephen Wolfram's "A New Kind of Science"

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 17, 2002
      I have browsed its entry in B&N
      (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=0C47HWQJOK&isbn=1579550088),
      and noticed that readers were generally lukewarm about it.

      Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
      own opinion about it with us?
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 17, 2002
        Omer Zak <omerz@...> writes:

        > Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
        > own opinion about it with us?
        > --- Omer

        I have it, but have not had time to open the monster yet. Muli? We got
        it at roughly the same time, IIRC.

        --
        Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt@...
        "... Of theoretical physics and programming, programming embodied
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 18, 2002
          On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 08:44:00AM +0300, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:
          > Omer Zak <omerz@...> writes:
          >
          > > Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
          > > own opinion about it with us?
          > > --- Omer
          >
          > I have it, but have not had time to open the monster yet. Muli? We got
          > it at roughly the same time, IIRC.

          I have read several chapters and gazed at the pretty pictures ;)

          It was a very interesting, thought provoking read. I don't know how
          ground breaking it is, but he certainly elucidates his ideas clearly
          and made me think. It's also a lovely book to have, if you love books
          in general (very high quality printing and binding).

          Here's one very good review:

          http://www.kurzweilai.net/articles/art0464.html?printable=1
          --
          Muli Ben-Yehuda