gawk has array sorting now

    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 4 2:33 PM
      "Nadav Har'El" <nyh@...> writes:

      > On Tue, Dec 11, 2001, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:
      >
      > > The sorting is a bit of cheating, btw, since it uses the system
      > > facility - awk does not have a built-in sort function AFAIK. However,
      >
      > No, it doesn't. It suprised me the first time I noticed it too. I ended
      > up writing a bubble-sort function in awk :)

      Sorry for returning to an old (and hopefully dead) thread - on a
      tangential issue at that. I just found out that the newer gawk (3.1)
      has asort() that sorts arrays. Very useful. Check out the info.

      --
      Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt@...
      "... Of theoretical physics and programming, programming embodied