Meta: Separate Mailing List for Posting Hacks

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15, 2002
      You probably noticed that I posted a lot of hacks I created, and thought
      would be of interest to the list, recently. I was told some people
      consider it off-topic up to a point where some filtered out all my
      messages.

      My question is: do you want to start a separate mailing list (say
      hackers-il-hacks) for posting such small-scope programming exploits? I am
      neutral.

      Sometimes discussing the hacks diverted into interesting discussions of
      computing in general, but I suppose it can happen in the other list too.

      P.S: can a kind soul reply to the this message quoting it entirely, so
      those who filter my messages can see it, too?

    • Muli Ben-Yehuda
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2002
        On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 02:42:40PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:

        > You probably noticed that I posted a lot of hacks I created, and thought
        > would be of interest to the list, recently. I was told some people
        > consider it off-topic up to a point where some filtered out all my
        > messages.
        >
        > My question is: do you want to start a separate mailing list (say
        > hackers-il-hacks) for posting such small-scope programming exploits? I am
        > neutral.

        hackers-il is for hacks and discussion thereof. I don't consider the
        things you've posted recently hacks, by the definition of hack as I
        see it. Ergo, if a new mailing list is opened, it should be "shlomif's
        latest work", or whatever you might want to call it. Hell, I might
        even subscribe ;)
        --
        "Hmm.. Cache shrink failed - time to kill something?
        Mhwahahhaha! This is the part I really like. Giggle."
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2002
          I am quoting the entire message, mutilating potential filtering keywords.

          My own opinion:
          S*l*m* has been quite prolific participant in this mailing list.
          Some things which he wrote interested me. Others didn't interest me.

          But as far as I remember, all of his messages were on-topic for
          Hackers-IL, in that they discussed various topics, which more or less
          related to software development.

          I believe that people, who filter all of his messages due to some of them
          being uninteresting for them, throw the baby out together with the water.
          Besides, his E-mail messages are not THAT big % of the total Hackers-IL
          traffic.
          This is withstanding the fact that he has his own peculiar style and way
          of observing and interacting with the world, which may be annoying to some
          of them.

          --- Omer
          Th*r* is no *GL* *a*a*.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 15, 2002
            The people whose answer you want most have filtered your message, hence my reply.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            This email and attachments have been scanned for recognized contextual characteristics by PortAuthority Server to SafeGuard privileged or sensitive information. Vidius, Inc. We value information.