RE: [hackers-il] Stephen Wolfram's "A New Kind of Science"

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 23, 2002
      I'll be in the US from around 14/7 for about a week or two. If you order it to my company's address in the states I will bring it back with me, no charge. No more than two-three books, though - I do have to carry it around 3 airports or so.

      This email has been scanned by Port Authority.

    • nyharel
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 29, 2002
        --- In hackers-il@y..., "Arik Baratz" <arikb@v...> wrote:

        > I'll be in the US from around 14/7 for about a week or two. If you
        order it to my company's address in the states I will bring it back
        with me, no charge. No more than two-three books, though - I do have
        to carry it around 3 airports or so.

        If you knew how much this book weighed, you'd have put the limit at 1
        book ;)
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 17 3:42 PM
          I have browsed its entry in B&N
          (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=0C47HWQJOK&isbn=1579550088),
          and noticed that readers were generally lukewarm about it.

          Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
          own opinion about it with us?
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 17 10:44 PM
            Omer Zak <omerz@...> writes:

            > Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
            > own opinion about it with us?
            > --- Omer

            I have it, but have not had time to open the monster yet. Muli? We got
            it at roughly the same time, IIRC.

            --
            Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt@...
            "... Of theoretical physics and programming, programming embodied
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 18 1:15 AM
              On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 08:44:00AM +0300, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:
              > Omer Zak <omerz@...> writes:
              >
              > > Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
              > > own opinion about it with us?
              > > --- Omer
              >
              > I have it, but have not had time to open the monster yet. Muli? We got
              > it at roughly the same time, IIRC.

              I have read several chapters and gazed at the pretty pictures ;)

              It was a very interesting, thought provoking read. I don't know how
              ground breaking it is, but he certainly elucidates his ideas clearly
              and made me think. It's also a lovely book to have, if you love books
              in general (very high quality printing and binding).

              Here's one very good review:

              http://www.kurzweilai.net/articles/art0464.html?printable=1
              --
              Muli Ben-Yehuda