Stephen Wolfram's "A New Kind of Science"

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 22, 2002
      Does anyone know if copies of the book are now available in Israel and
      if yes, in which bookshops?
      --- Omer
      There is no IGLU Cabal.
    • Muli Ben-Yehuda
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 22, 2002
        On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 09:14:44PM +0300, Omer Zak wrote:
        > Does anyone know if copies of the book are now available in Israel and
        > if yes, in which bookshops?

        I have been asking around Steimatzky since it came out, and no one
        knew what it is. I will no longer be asking, as my girlfriend suprised
        me and ordered a copy from Amazon. It's on the way. Yay!
        --
        http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~mulix/
        http://syscalltrack.sf.net/
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 23, 2002
          Also interested should someone find a place locally to purchase

          OR, shall we go and split shipping and get a couple (few, several, what
          have you) together?

          Omer Zak wrote:

          >Does anyone know if copies of the book are now available in Israel and
          >if yes, in which bookshops?
          > --- Omer
          >There is no IGLU Cabal.
          >WARNING TO SPAMMERS: at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

          Nathan Fain
          System Administrator
          MobilEye Vision Technologies Ltd.

          24 Mishol Hadkalim St., Jerusalem, Israel
          Telephone: + 972-2-586-6989 Ext. 131
          Fax: + 972-2-586-7720

          email: nathan@...
          www: http://www.mobileye.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 23, 2002
            I'll be in the US from around 14/7 for about a week or two. If you order it to my company's address in the states I will bring it back with me, no charge. No more than two-three books, though - I do have to carry it around 3 airports or so.

            This email has been scanned by Port Authority.

          • nyharel
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 29, 2002
              --- In hackers-il@y..., "Arik Baratz" <arikb@v...> wrote:

              > I'll be in the US from around 14/7 for about a week or two. If you
              order it to my company's address in the states I will bring it back
              with me, no charge. No more than two-three books, though - I do have
              to carry it around 3 airports or so.

              If you knew how much this book weighed, you'd have put the limit at 1
              book ;)
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 17, 2002
                I have browsed its entry in B&N
                (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=0C47HWQJOK&isbn=1579550088),
                and noticed that readers were generally lukewarm about it.

                Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
                own opinion about it with us?
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 17, 2002
                  Omer Zak <omerz@...> writes:

                  > Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
                  > own opinion about it with us?
                  > --- Omer

                  I have it, but have not had time to open the monster yet. Muli? We got
                  it at roughly the same time, IIRC.

                  --
                  Oleg Goldshmidt | ogoldshmidt@...
                  "... Of theoretical physics and programming, programming embodied
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 18, 2002
                    On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 08:44:00AM +0300, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:
                    > Omer Zak <omerz@...> writes:
                    >
                    > > Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
                    > > own opinion about it with us?
                    > > --- Omer
                    >
                    > I have it, but have not had time to open the monster yet. Muli? We got
                    > it at roughly the same time, IIRC.

                    I have read several chapters and gazed at the pretty pictures ;)

                    It was a very interesting, thought provoking read. I don't know how
                    ground breaking it is, but he certainly elucidates his ideas clearly
                    and made me think. It's also a lovely book to have, if you love books
                    in general (very high quality printing and binding).

                    Here's one very good review:

                    http://www.kurzweilai.net/articles/art0464.html?printable=1
                    --
                    Muli Ben-Yehuda