Re: [hackers-il] Re: Architecture of Software

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
      On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Shlomi Fish wrote:

      > On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Omer Zak wrote:
      >
      > > Those days I am reading the book "Software Architect Bootcamp" by R.
      > > Malveau and T.J. Mowbray.

      [... snipped my own stuff ...]

      > > I wonder what is already known about the subject among the Hackers-IL
      > > participants.
      >
      > All I know is that sometimes project teams appoint one or more persons as
      > architects, who aim to determine the general course of actions that should
      > be taken with the code. Sort of like Linus Torvalds is to the Linux kernel
      > or Larry Wall is to Perl.
      >
      > Is that what you mean?

      First of all, there may be inappropriate terminology at work.
      What I (and the book) mean in the term "software architect" is the role,
      which is similar to that of architects who design buildings.

      Software architects deal with issues like modularity, design patterns,
      design for change, complexity management.

      The software architecture function apparently is not fully recognized as
      yet. Several projects still employ people, who act as software
      architects, but without the requisite training.
      --- Omer
      There is no IGLU Cabal. We are still looking for a chief software
      architect to round out the skill set.
      The deaf in Israel demand 100% captioning of TV news programs, Hebrew
      language movies and other Hebrew TV & cable TV programs.