Plan9

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2000
      Hi,

      Yet another version of Plan 9 was released , under an Open Source agreement.
      http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/download.html

      I'll try to install it when I have time, if anyone succeeds before me - do
      post your adventures to the list...

      BTW. here's a plan I was thinking of for some time now -

      Get lots of old/cheap computers. Many diffrent architectures are prefered.
      Install as many OS's as I can on these computers. Network everything.
      Get a framerelay connection, connect it to my network. Give people logins on
      request. So people can play with diffrent OS's without having to actually
      install them.
      OS's I have in mind:
      Linux, Solaris (on sparc), Hurd, *BSD*, Plan9, Eros, Minix, Amoeba,
      OpenGenera.
      Hardware I want:
      Sparc5, Indy, Alpha, LispMachine

      :-) fun.

      BTW. I have a new fileserver at work (a netapp) - they call it Murphy. AGHH!

      --
      Chen Shapira
      We will honor a contract and stand by a friend, But right about there is