Merlin OS

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2000
      Hi,

      From the wierd project department:

      Back at 1981, Someone decided to build a Self/Smalltalk OS. I'm not familiar
      with these languages so I can't say how he planned to support both.
      And since it was 81, and the state of home PC's was diffrent - the guys also
      decided to build the hardware for it.
      And they did. And AFAIK they kept doing that until 1998.

      The have several PC's called Merlin-X, and few smaller computers called
      Pegasus-X.
      Their OS is now called Self/r (used to be Merlin OS)

      More details:
      http://www.lsi.usp.br/~jecel/merlin.html
      http://www.merlintec.com

      --
      Chen Shapira
      Los Alamos' lights where wizards stay up late