Re: [hackers-il] how to get e-mail address in smtp header on tcp packet

  • Tzafrir Cohen
    Message 1 of 11 , May 7, 2002
      hint: Worng list

      [It seems that clarification messages in private mail did not do the job]

      --
      Tzafrir Cohen
      mailto:tzafrir@...
      Message 2 of 11 , May 11, 2002

        hi,

        can anybody just tell me that does libnids can take input fo tcp reassembly from

        user defined socket fd i.e. my lsf socket .

        since i am capturing all packets arising -tcp with src/dst por 25 and i want to make

        out from these packets that wether they contain required email address or not

        bit for this i want reassembly to be done on those packets provided on my socket

        and if many streams have to be build to track the connections then also for every stream the input of packets should be from my socket only otherwise if libnids try

        its own ways then what is the use of making my own filter its all in vain.....

        with regards

        praveen johri

        Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from http://www.planetm.co.in
      • Tzafrir Cohen
        Message 3 of 11 , May 11, 2002
          On Sat, 11 May 2002, praveenjohri [a.k.a.
          spookyduck@yahoogroups.com, according to the headers] wrote:

          > can anybody just tell me that does libnids can take input fo tcp
          > reassembly from user defined socket fd i.e. my lsf socket .

          [snip]

          whoever wrote this mail message:

          either this is serious, and this means to simply don't follow this list,
          and thus are simply clueless and do pay any respect to this list's
          members:

          There are better places to look for help. this list is not one of them.
          Not now, certainly.

          Or this is yet another faked help request, and in this case:

          It is not funny anymore

          Chen, OmerM: it seems that polite requests and flames were not enough. I
          figure that next thing to do is banninng, right?

          Everybody else: please avoid MeToo-s, clever comments and flames. Let's
          keep a decent signal/noise ratio. Those threads have been enough (at least
          for me)

          Thanks

          Message 4 of 11 , May 11, 2002
            On Sat, May 11, 2002, praveenjohri wrote about "Re: RE: [hackers-il] how to get e-mail address in smtp header on tcp packet":
            > can anybody just tell me that does libnids can take input fo tcp reassembly from

            Yes, Mr. Johri, many people can tell you that, but not on this list! As we
            tried to explain time and again, this list IS NOT about solving people's
            programming questions, and when we rarely do discuss specific programming
            issues, it's about broader and interesting issues, not problems you are
            facing in your work.
            If you want to ask questions such as these, you should try Linux-specific
            lists, such as (if you want an Israeli list) linux-il (use google to find
            it).

            Who has reached rock bottom and shows signs of starting to dig?
            Which of you got into the gene pool while the lifeguard wasn't watching?
            Whose brain is in mint condition, because it's never been used?
            Which of you is as sharp as a marble?
            Which one of you pirates is about to walk the plank?

            You ARE the Weakest Link... Goodbye!

            P.S. Don't take the Weakest Link quotes above personally (or seriously).
            I'm just having fun ;) See http://www.bbc.co.uk/weakestlink/ for more info.

            --
            Nadav Har'El | Saturday, May 11 2002, 1 Sivan 5762
            Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Willpower: The ability to eat only one
            Message 5 of 11 , May 12, 2002

              Hello Johri

              This is your third question to the list.

              From your questions, you clearly have not bothered to read the documentation that comes with libnids (I know, because I have, and I know it answers your questions in full).

              I think I speak for the rest of us when I say that we wish to help only those who help themselves, and therefore will not answer any of your questions anymore.

              Please don't be offended but take it as a hint: Go do the research before you ask stupid questions.

              Message 6 of 11 , May 13, 2002
                I need a Linux system.

                LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                http://launch.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 11 , May 13, 2002
                  1. Buy hardware
                  2. Download and/or burn CDs
                  3. Install Linux

                  This is not the best group to be hanging around asking this questions. I suggest you look for a beginners group regarding Linux. Search yahoo groups - you're bound to find one.

                  -- Arik

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 13, 2002
                    On Mon, May 13, 2002, Dan Nanciu wrote about "[hackers-il] Help me":

                    > I need a Linux system.

                    Do we now have a "May Fool's Month", modeled after "April Fool's Day", but
                    much longer and even more annoying?

                    Why is everybody on this list suddenly asking stupid and irrelevant questions?
                    In this case, it wasn't even a question! How is anybody supposed to answer
                    or discuss such a statement?? (this is not a rhetorical question, I would
                    appreciate an answer)

                    muad_dib23us@... (Dan, if that's your real name. The only thing I can
                    verify is that you sent your message via some obscure Romanian ISP,
                    supposedly part of KPNQwest), what did you try to achieve with this message?
                    You have been a subscriber of this list for almost a year now. Does your
                    "I need a Linux system" plea strike you even remotely relevant to our
                    discussions in the last year? Did you really think that people would
                    understand what it was exactly that you wanted to ask?

                    Who is failing to meet the low standards they set themselves?
                    Which of you is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot?
                    Who is more the missing link than the weakest link?
                    You ARE the Weakest Link... Goodbye!

                    --
                    Nadav Har'El | Monday, May 13 2002, 3 Sivan 5762
                    Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |If you lost your left arm, your right arm