Re: [hackers-il] Battle Cries (strange and pointless pondering)

    Message 1 of 11 , May 5, 2002
      On Sun, May 05, 2002, Nadav Har'El wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] Battle Cries (strange and pointless pondering)":
      > On Sun, May 05, 2002, Arik Baratz wrote about "RE: [hackers-il] Battle Cries (strange and pointless pondering)":
      > >
      > > I don't think it serves the same purpose. You'll never shout 'AHARAY' when you're alone facing an opponent (or a bad piece of code).
      >
      > I might come in handy, however, when doing "pair programming" (see
      > www.extremeprogramming.org) :)

      Damn those Freudian slips!
      Obviously I meant to say "It might come in handy...."...

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Sunday, May 5 2002, 24 Iyyar 5762
      Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |If I were two-faced, would I be wearing
      Message 2 of 11 , May 5, 2002
        Why not? say it to the debugger :-)

        I don't think it serves the same purpose. You'll never shout 'AHARAY' when you're alone facing an opponent (or a bad piece of code).

        AHARAY is to invigorate your troops, while the rest can serve the purpose but are rather directed internally.

        Just my 10 Agorot.

        -- Arik

        Message 3 of 11 , May 5, 2002
          On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 21:10, Amir Abiri wrote:
          > From: "Chen Shapira" <chen@...>
          >
          > > What does a programmer cry before checking in a particularly dangerous
          > code?
          >
          > "I'M GONNA GET YOU, YOU LITTLE <bad word>... !!!"

          Thus spake Dougles Adams: "Open this door now or I will re-program you
          with a very large axe..." ;-)

          Gilad.

          --
          Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad@...>
          Code mangler, senior coffee drinker and VP SIGSEGV

          "To err is human. To realy fsck up you need a computer. For
          those really large scale disastears, an SSI cluster is a must."
        • Amir Abiri
          Message 4 of 11 , May 5, 2002
            From: "Chen Shapira" <chen@...>

            > What does a programmer cry before checking in a particularly dangerous
            code?

            "I'M GONNA GET YOU, YOU LITTLE <bad word>... !!!"

            Then i light a cigarette, take a deep breath, and usually, feel strong
            enough to go on...

            --
            http://abiri-e.com/
            "God is a programmer".
            Message 5 of 11 , May 5, 2002
              > Thus spake Dougles Adams: "Open this door now or I will re-program you
              > with a very large axe..." ;-)

              I'll quote Niven:
              "I found your challenge verbose. In challenging a kzin, a
              simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap."