Re: [hackers-il] Battle Cries (strange and pointless pondering)

    Message 1 of 11 , May 5, 2002
      On Sun, May 05, 2002, Arik Baratz wrote about "RE: [hackers-il] Battle Cries (strange and pointless pondering)":

      > I don't think it serves the same purpose. You'll never shout 'AHARAY' when you're alone facing an opponent (or a bad piece of code).

      I might come in handy, however, when doing "pair programming" (see
      www.extremeprogramming.org) :)

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Sunday, May 5 2002, 23 Iyyar 5762
      Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |"How could we possibly use sex to get
      Message 2 of 11 , May 5, 2002
        On Sun, May 05, 2002, Nadav Har'El wrote about "Re: [hackers-il] Battle Cries (strange and pointless pondering)":
        > On Sun, May 05, 2002, Arik Baratz wrote about "RE: [hackers-il] Battle Cries (strange and pointless pondering)":
        > >
        > > I don't think it serves the same purpose. You'll never shout 'AHARAY' when you're alone facing an opponent (or a bad piece of code).
        >
        > I might come in handy, however, when doing "pair programming" (see
        > www.extremeprogramming.org) :)

        Damn those Freudian slips!
        Obviously I meant to say "It might come in handy...."...

        --
        Nadav Har'El | Sunday, May 5 2002, 24 Iyyar 5762
        Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |If I were two-faced, would I be wearing
        Message 3 of 11 , May 5, 2002
          Why not? say it to the debugger :-)

          I don't think it serves the same purpose. You'll never shout 'AHARAY' when you're alone facing an opponent (or a bad piece of code).

          AHARAY is to invigorate your troops, while the rest can serve the purpose but are rather directed internally.

          Just my 10 Agorot.

          -- Arik

          Message 4 of 11 , May 5, 2002
            On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 21:10, Amir Abiri wrote:
            > From: "Chen Shapira" <chen@...>
            >
            > > What does a programmer cry before checking in a particularly dangerous
            > code?
            >
            > "I'M GONNA GET YOU, YOU LITTLE <bad word>... !!!"

            Thus spake Dougles Adams: "Open this door now or I will re-program you
            with a very large axe..." ;-)

            Gilad.

            --
            Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad@...>
            Code mangler, senior coffee drinker and VP SIGSEGV

            "To err is human. To realy fsck up you need a computer. For
            those really large scale disastears, an SSI cluster is a must."
          • Amir Abiri
            Message 5 of 11 , May 5, 2002
              From: "Chen Shapira" <chen@...>

              > What does a programmer cry before checking in a particularly dangerous
              code?

              "I'M GONNA GET YOU, YOU LITTLE <bad word>... !!!"

              Then i light a cigarette, take a deep breath, and usually, feel strong
              enough to go on...

              --
              http://abiri-e.com/
              "God is a programmer".
              Message 6 of 11 , May 5, 2002
                > Thus spake Dougles Adams: "Open this door now or I will re-program you
                > with a very large axe..." ;-)

                I'll quote Niven:
                "I found your challenge verbose. In challenging a kzin, a
                simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap."