Re: [hackers-il]

  • Tzafrir Cohen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 3:56 AM
      Hi

      On Thu, 2 May 2002, praveenjohri wrote:

      > hi ofir ,
      > as u said to copy the code into my program i had this idea before but there is a problem that
      > i have to manually edit the filter code and again and again whenever i am changing the filter criteria
      > and have to recompile the program again and again.
      >
      > what my project is to make a tapping device with
      > GUI user interface where user can specify the filter
      > grammer every time before running the program
      > but if some one have to specify the filter into the struct sock_filter
      > everytime then the fecility to
      > user to specify the filter will not be there which
      > will temper the objective of my project.
      > i want to have something like what tcpdump does
      > i.e. it lets the user set the filter and produces the bpf code and set the filter...
      >
      > please,tell me the way how to do it

      I believe you have the wrong address. This is not the private address of
      some Ofir, but a public mailing list. It is intended to discuss hacking of
      code and philosophical discussions.

      If you intented to post to a mailing list you should probably post to a
      more technical list, such as your local LUG's list or some kernel-related
      list.

      Regards

      --
      Tzafrir Cohen