  • praveenjohri
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 2:47 AM
      hi ofir ,
      as u said to copy the code into my program i had this idea before but there is a problem that
      i have to manually edit the filter code and again and again whenever i am changing the filter criteria
      and have to recompile the program again and again.

      what my project is to make a tapping device with
      GUI user interface where user can specify the filter
      grammer every time before running the program
      but if some one have to specify the filter into the struct sock_filter everytime then the fecility to
      user to specify the filter will not be there which
      will temper the objective of my project.
      i want to have something like what tcpdump does
      i.e. it lets the user set the filter and produces the bpf code and set the filter...

      please,tell me the way how to do it

      with regards

      pravee johri

      Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from http://www.planetm.co.in
    • Tzafrir Cohen
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 3:56 AM
        Hi

        On Thu, 2 May 2002, praveenjohri wrote:

        > hi ofir ,
        > as u said to copy the code into my program i had this idea before but there is a problem that
        > i have to manually edit the filter code and again and again whenever i am changing the filter criteria
        > and have to recompile the program again and again.
        >
        > what my project is to make a tapping device with
        > GUI user interface where user can specify the filter
        > grammer every time before running the program
        > but if some one have to specify the filter into the struct sock_filter
        > everytime then the fecility to
        > user to specify the filter will not be there which
        > will temper the objective of my project.
        > i want to have something like what tcpdump does
        > i.e. it lets the user set the filter and produces the bpf code and set the filter...
        >
        > please,tell me the way how to do it

        I believe you have the wrong address. This is not the private address of
        some Ofir, but a public mailing list. It is intended to discuss hacking of
        code and philosophical discussions.

        If you intented to post to a mailing list you should probably post to a
        more technical list, such as your local LUG's list or some kernel-related
        list.

        Regards

        --
        Tzafrir Cohen