Re: [hackers-il] Intelectual Property laws in Israel

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2002
      On Wed, May 01, 2002, Arik Baratz wrote about "RE: [hackers-il] Intelectual Property laws in Israel":

      > Copy rights --> the right to copy. "Zhuyot Ha'ataka". Which does not mean that you can copy, it means that there are certain copying rights and they belong to someone.
      >
      > Disclaimers: IANAL, AFAIK, IMHO

      Yes. "Copyright" is usually followed by the name of a person or a company,
      and a phrase like "All Rights Reserved". It means the right to copy is
      reserved to the author - certainly not that you (the reader/viewer/listener/
      whatever) have this right (unless you're explicitly told that).

      --
      Nadav Har'El | Wednesday, May 1 2002, 20 Iyyar 5762
      Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2002
        On Wed, 1 May 2002, Chen Shapira wrote:

        > BTW. Did you notice that in Hebrew "copyright" translate as "Producers
        > Rights"? (Zkhuyot Yotzrim) Interesting shift of focus, don't you think?

        Actually, in Israel there are two different laws:
        "hok ha-copyright" and "hok zhuyot yotzrim", in addition to several other
        laws. Search for "zhuyot yotzrim" (in hebrew) on google.co.il for a site
        about this.

        Alon

        --
        This message was sent by Alon Altman (alon@...) ICQ:1366540
        The RIGHT way to contact me is by e-mail. I am otherwise nonexistent :)